This frittata recipe shows how to make a bacon and mushroom frittata. If looking for how to make a frittata, this will be ideal.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 5 large fresh eggs
- 50g streaky bacon
- 50g mushrooms
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 1 large clove of garlic (or 2 small)
- 10g flat-leaf parsley
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Sea salt / pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
Getting everything ready
- Cut off any rind from the bacon and cut into thin strips.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Chop the parsley.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and finely slice.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Break the eggs into a tea cup, then transfer into a larger bowl, removing any unwanted shell. Season with salt and pepper and beat the eggs with a fork or whisk. Add the freshly grated nutmeg (enough to taste), the chopped parsley and grated parmesan to the egg mixture.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and the chopped garlic. Stir-fry for a few minutes, add the strips of bacon and sliced mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and pour in the egg mixture. Swirl the mixture round the pan a little to ensure that it lays evenly. Move the pieces for bacon and mushrooms with a wooden spoon to ensure they are evenly distributed throughout the frittata.
- Leave the bacon and mushroom frittata to cook gently for 4-5 minutes. The top should still be runny at this stage.
- Slide the pan under the grill and leave until the top of the frittata turns golden brown.
- Remove from the grill and slide the frittata from the pan onto a clean board.
- Cut the frittata into even wedge shapes and serve on warmed plates.
- Serve the frittata with a crispy salad and a few new potatoes.
Tips for cooking eggs
Here are some great tips for buying and cooking eggs as well as where to store them.