Scrambled eggs – great for breakfast
This egg recipe is for scrambled eggs and is a popular breakfast recipe. This shows all you need to know about cooking scrambled eggs. Click here to download the recipe for scrambled eggs.
- Remember to take the eggs out of the fridge 20 minutes before you want to cook them.
- Use good-quality fresh large eggs and allow two eggs per person (or three if you are hungry).
- Break each egg into a tea cup and then transfer into a larger bowl, removing any unwanted shell.
- Season with salt and pepper, and a table spoon of milk and whisk together.
- Place a small saucepan onto a gentle heat to warm. Add a knob of butter (approx. 10g) and allow to melt.
- When the butter begins to bubble, pour in your beaten eggs and stir constantly using a wooden spoon. Keep scraping the sides and bottom of the saucepan.
- When the eggs begin to set, remove the scrambled eggs from the heat and add a tablespoon of double cream. Return to the heat and stir until the eggs are lightly set.
- Serve your scrambled eggs immediately.
Tips for cooking eggs
Here are some great tips for buying and cooking eggs as well as where to store them.
Other egg recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for scrambled eggs, why not try these other great tasting egg recipes: