This grilled sea bass recipe is served with asparagus spears and baby broad beans. If looking for sea bass recipes, this grilled sea bass recipe will be ideal.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 sea bass fillets (approx. 150g each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 small portions baby broad beans
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper, to taste
Getting everything ready
- Ask your fishmonger to fillet the sea bass, removing any bones but leaving the skin on the fish, and cut across the fillets to give pieces of fish about 150g each. Using a sharp knife, you can lightly score the skin with 3 or 4 shallow cuts.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with a touch of oil and lightly brush olive oil over the fish fillets. Season the flesh side of the fish to taste and place onto the baking tray, skin side upwards.
- Prepare the asparagus.
- Prepare the broad beans, blanching and removing their skins.
- Pre-heat the grill to hot.
- Place the fish fillets under the hot grill to cook for about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. The skin should start to colour and the flesh starts to come away from the skin when pressed gently.
- While the fish is being grilled, cook the vegetables. Poach the asparagus in simmering salted water until just cooked and reheat the skinned broad beans in a little hot water.
- When the fish and the vegetables are cooked, remove the fish from under the grill and allow it to rest for a few moments.
- Meanwhile, drain the asparagus really well and divide the spears evenly between your warmed plates. Using a fish slice, carefully transfer the sea bass from the tray and place neatly on top of the asparagus. Drain the beans and spread a few beans around each plate. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the fish fillets and serve immediately.
Grilled sea bass – hints and tips
This is also a nice way of serving fresh salmon.