This pork recipe is for pasta with pork medallions. This recipe for pork is served with roasted pine nuts and a brandy cream sauce.
Ingredients – 2 portions
- 150g Tortiglioni
- 200g pork fillet
- 50g leek
- 50g baby mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 15g pine nuts
- 40ml brandy
- 250ml double cream
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 10g parsley
- Sea salt / pepper to taste
Getting everything ready
- Pre-heat the grill to hot. Place the pine nuts on a baking tray and roast under the grill until light golden in colour. Allow to cool, place in a small dish and put aside for garnish.
- Cut the red chilli into fine dice.
- Wash, dry and finely shred the white of the leek.
- Peel and crush the clove of garlic.
- Wipe the baby mushrooms with a damp cloth and leave them whole.
- Chop the parsley.
- Cook the tortiglioni to ‘al dente’ stage. Drain, refresh and allow to dry. Place in a clean bowl, season lightly and add half the olive oil, red chilli and half of the chopped parsley. Mix together, cover with cling film and put aside until required.
- Take the pork fillet and cut the pork into medallions. Lay the medallions on your board and, using a small knife, spread a little Dijon mustard onto each one. Lightly season the medallions. Place them in a clean dish, cover with cling film and store in the fridge until required.
- Over a high heat, heat the remaining olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan or wok. Carefully lay in the thin slices of pork. Fry for about a minute or two, turn the medallions over and fry for a further 2 minutes until the pork is cooked and an even colour. Remove the medallions from the pan onto a dish and keep warm.
- Turn down the heat to medium. Add the crushed garlic to the pan. Stir-fry for a few moments and add the mushrooms and shredded leek. Continue to stir-fry for another 4 minutes.
- Carefully add the brandy (flame the pan if you can). Allow the brandy to evaporate.
- Add the cream and allow it to heat through. The cream should thicken into your sauce. Return the pork medallions to the pan. Add the pasta to the pork medallions and allow to heat through. Check the seasoning.
- Spoon the pasta with pork medallions into warmed bowls. Garnish the pasta with pork medallions with the roasted pine nuts and a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Tips for cooking pasta
Here are some great tips for cooking pasta, which includes information on how to choose your pasta and how to avoid overcooking your pasta.