This pasta with prawns recipe uses king prawns. This king prawn recipe uses linguine in a saffron cream sauce.
Ingredients – Serves 2 | Cooking time 15 mins
- 200g linguine
- About 16 king prawns, cooked and shelled
- A good pinch of saffron
- 200ml double cream
- 85ml dry white wine
- 80g spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 sprigs dill
- Sea salt / pepper
Getting everything ready
- Cut the chilli into fine julienne.
- Wash, dry and peel any discoloured outer leaves of the spring onions and cut into about 2cm diagonal lengths.
- Wash and dry the dill. Put a few nice pieces aside for garnish and finely chop the remainder.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the salt and a good pinch of saffron. You will find that the water goes a lovely pale yellow colour. Add the linguine and cook to ‘al dente’ stage.
- Drain and refresh the pasta and allow it to dry. Place the pasta into a clean bowl. Season lightly and add the Julienne of red chilli, the chopped dill and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix together, cover and put aside until required.
- Over a medium heat, heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based saucepan before adding the spring onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the king prawns and cook for a further minute.
- Add the wine and allow to evaporate, then add the cream and allow to thicken slightly.
- Mix in the marinated pasta and allow the king prawns and linguine to heat through for a few moments.
- Divide the pasta with prawns between warmed bowls. Garnish the prawns and pasta with sprigs of dill and serve immediately.
Tips for cooking pasta
Here are some great tips for cooking pasta, which includes information on how to choose your pasta and how to avoid overcooking your pasta.