This pasta recipe is for spaghetti with tomato sauce. If looking for spaghetti recipes, this spaghetti with tomato sauce is quick and easy to cook and tastes delicious.
Ingredients – 2 portions
- 200g spaghetti
- 150ml tomato sauce
- Small bunch of Basil leaves
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt / pepper to taste
Getting everything ready
- Make the tomato sauce.
- Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Tear the basil leaves between your fingers, leaving a few small leaves for garnish.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add some salt and coil the spaghetti into the pan. Cook to the ‘al dente’ stage.
- Meanwhile, over a gentle heat, heat the tomato sauce.
- When it is cooked, drain the spaghetti into a colander (making sure it is drained well) and return to the saucepan. Add the hot tomato sauce and torn basil leaves. Mix the spaghetti together well and season to taste.
- Divide the spaghetti with tomato sauce between warmed bowls. Sprinkle over the grated Parmesan and garnish each bowl of spaghetti with tomato sauce with a few small basil leaves.
Tips for cooking pasta
Here are some great tips for cooking pasta, which includes information on how to choose your pasta and how to avoid overcooking your pasta. Some other great tasting pasta recipes can be found using the links at the bottom of this recipe.