This pasta recipe is for tagliatelle with ham and mushrooms. This ham tagliatelle pasta dish is quick to cook and tastes great.
Ingredients – 2 portions
- 200g tagliatelle (fresh)
- 100g lean smoked ham
- 50g baby mushrooms
- 50g chestnut mushrooms
- 350 ml saffron cream
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 shallots
- 40ml brandy
- 10g parsley
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt / pepper to taste
Getting everything ready
- Cut the ham into thin strips.
- Peel and finely dice the shallots.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and finely slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the parsley.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese and place into a clean serving dish.
- Make the saffron cream sauce and keep warm in a bain marie.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and diced shallots and stir-fry for 1 minute without colour. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to stir-fry for a further 4 to 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta on to cook. Meanwhile, turn up the heat under the pan. Carefully add the brandy (flaming the pan if you can) and allow it to evaporate. Turn down the heat.
- Drain the pasta well and add to the pan. Add half of the chopped parsley and the ham. Mix well and check the seasoning.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the warm cream sauce.
- Divide the ham and mushroom tagliatelle between warmed bowls and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
- Serve the tagliatelle with ham and mushrooms immediately with a small dish of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
Cooking tagliatelle – hints and tips
If you exchange spaghetti with the tagliatelle and exclude the mushrooms you will have a very nice carbonara.
After adding the egg yolks to the cream, don’t allow it to boil but keep it warm in a bain marie.
Tips for cooking pasta
Here are some great tips for cooking pasta, which includes information on how to choose your pasta and how to avoid overcooking your pasta.
Watch how to cook tagliatelle with ham and mushrooms
Other great tasting pasta recipes
This pasta recipe is for lasagne, sometimes called lasagna. This recipe for lasagne is great served with garlic bread and a crispy green salad.
Pasta with prawns
This recipe with prawns is for king prawns with pasta. This king prawn recipe uses linguine in a saffron cream sauce.
Tomato sauce for pasta
This recipe shows how to make a tomato sauce for pasta. A tomato sauce is really easy to make and can be used in a wide range of pasta dishes.
This pasta recipe is for spaghetti bolognaise. Often referred to as spag bolognese or spag bol, this spaghetti recipe is great served with Parmesan cheese.
Pasta with tomatoes
This pasta recipe is for a tomato pasta with bacon. If looking for recipes with linguine, this pasta with tomato and bacon will be ideal.
Marinading adds great taste to pasta and will give you more time to concentrate on the sauce and other ingredients. Just add the marinated pasta for the final few minutes to heat through before serving.
Pasta with pork medallions
This pork recipe is for pasta with pork medallions. This recipe for pork is served with roasted pine nuts and a brandy cream sauce.
Pasta with chicken and broccoli
This recipe with chicken uses penne pasta and broccoli. This penne with chicken is great served with Parmesan cheese.
Pasta with roasted vegetables
This recipe with pasta uses penne pasta with roasted vegetables. This recipe with pasta and vegetables is served with a tomato sauce.