This potato recipe is for biarritz potatoes. This recipe with mashed potatoes uses ham, red pepper and parsley.
Ingredients – 2 portions
- 200g mashed potato
- 30g butter
- 30g cooked ham
- 30g red pepper
- 1tbs parsley
- Sea salt / pepper (to taste)
- Trim off any fat from the ham and cut into small dice.
- Cut the red pepper into small dice.
- Chop the parsley.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes, leaving out the butter.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the pepper and ham and sauté for a few minutes. Add the chopped parsley.
- Mash the potatoes to a smooth, lump-free mixture. Mix in the peppers, ham and parsley and any butter from the pan. Mix well and check the seasoning.
- Serve the biarritz potatoes hot.
Biarritz potatoes – hints and tips
You could allow the mixture to go cold and make potato cakes and shallow fry them for a change.