This potato recipe is for farmhouse potatoes. This farmhouse potatoes recipe uses bacon and onion to make a great potato dish.
Ingredients – 2 portions
- 300g potatoes
- 2 rashers unsmoked bacon (streaky)
- 75g onion
- 30g vegetable oil
- Sea salt / pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
Getting everything ready
- Cut the bacon into small pieces about 1cm in length.
- Peel and cut the onion into ½cm dice.
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes and cut into approx 2cm dice.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with cold water and season with a little sea salt. Bring the water to the boil and allow to boil gently for about 3–4 minutes (parboil).
- Remove from the heat and drain the potatoes into a colander. Allow to dry.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the bacon, onion and parboiled potatoes.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes until the ingredients are evenly coated with oil and begin to colour. Season to taste.
- Transfer the ingredients from your pan into an ovenproof dish and place in the pre-heated oven. Roast until the potatoes are cooked and the bacon crispy. Stir from time to time for a nice even colour.
- When cooked, spoon the potatoes into a warmed dish. Sprinkle over your farmhouse potatoes with a little chopped parsley for garnish. Serve your farmhouse potatoes hot.