This salad dressing is for caesar dressing and is often served with a caesar salad. This dressing recipe uses mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and anchovy fillets.
Ingredients – Serves 1
- 260g mayonnaise
- 2 dessert spoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 18 anchovy fillets
- Sea salt / pepper
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Roughly chop 12 of the anchovy fillets and place into a blender. Blend for a few seconds. Finely chop the remaining fillets and put aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice and crushed garlic to the blender. Mix for a few moments in the blender until smooth. Season to taste, taking care with the salt as the anchovy fillets can be rather salty.
- Pass the caesar dressing through a fine sieve and add the remaining finely chopped anchovies. Stir well.
- Pour the caesar dressing into a jar with a tight-fitting lid, label and date and store in the fridge until required.
Shake the caesar dressing well before use.
If you find the caesar dressing is a little too thick, whisk in a spoonful or two of cold water.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.