This recipe for coleslaw, sometimes referred to as cole slaw, is great to make at home. If looking for a coleslaw recipe, this cole slaw dressing will be ideal.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 200g hard white cabbage
- 100g carrot
- 60g onion
- Sea salt / pepper
- Cut away any discoloured outside leaves from the cabbage. Cut the cabbage into quarters and remove the thick stork. Carefully cut the remaining cabbage into a fine shred. Place in a large bowl.
- Peel and finely slice the onion. Mix with the cabbage.
- Wash and peel the carrot. Using a grater, grate it lengthways and mix with the cabbage and onion.
- Season the coleslaw to taste.
- Add enough mayonnaise to bind ingredients together to make your coleslaw.
As with many recipes, it is nice to add some of your favourite ingredients to the coleslaw dressing to make a change, such as sultanas, apple or celery, for example.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.