This salad recipe for couscous salad is quick to make and uses sweet chilli sauce and sultanas. If looking for couscous recipes, this couscous salad will be ideal.
Ingredients – 1 portion
- 50g couscous
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 10g sultanas
- 5g flaked almonds
- 15g dried apricots
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Sea salt / pepper to taste
- Prepare the couscous.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Spread the almonds on a baking tray. Place under the grill and toast the almonds until golden brown.
- Chop the apricots into about 0.5cm dice.
- Pick the coriander leaves from the stalks.
- Mix everything together in a clean bowl and season the couscous salad to taste.
This couscous salad makes a great snack at any time of the day.
Other recipes using couscous include baked stuffed tomatoes.
Couscous – Did you know?
Couscous was voted as the third favourite dish of French people in 2011 (Wikipedia).
One of the first written references of couscous is from an anonymous 13th-century North African cookbook (Wikipedia).
Couscous is a staple food throughout the North African cuisines of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Mauritania and Libya (Wikipedia).
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.