This goat cheese salad recipe includes walnuts and olives. If looking for recipes for goat cheese, this salad recipe will fit the bill.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 200g goat’s cheese (log)
- 300g crispy green salad
- 70g walnut halves
- 70g pitted black olives
- 100g celery
- 50g red onion
- 100g dried cranberries, to garnish
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Pané mix (seasoned plain flour, 2 beaten eggs and breadcrumbs)
Getting everything ready
- Make the vinaigrette dressing and store in the fridge until required.
- Prepare the pané.
- Peel and finely slice the red onion. Place in a dish and cover.
- Using a potato peeler, remove any stringy part of the celery. Wash and dry well and finely slice.
- Wash and dry the green salad and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the goat’s cheese in half lengthways. Then cut into 1cm slices (forming half-moon shapes).
- Pass the slices of goat’s cheese through the pané. Do this twice to ensure a crispy coating when fried. Place onto a shallow dish and put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to approx 170°C (Gas Mark 3).
- Meanwhile, add the walnuts, dates, celery and red onion to the green salad. Add the dressing to coat the salad, saving a little for garnish.
- Divide the salad leaves between the plates.
- When the oil reaches temperature, carefully place the cheese into the hot oil and fry for about 3 minutes until golden in colour. Remove the goat’s cheese from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain quickly on kitchen paper. Divide the goat’s cheese between the plates of salad leaves. Drizzle over the remaining vinaigrette dressing over each plate to garnish. Serve the goats cheese salad immediately.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.