This salad recipe is for a potato salad, served with mayonnaise and chives. This potato salad recipe is quick to make and is a popular salad dish.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 250g cold cooked potatoes
- 50g onion
- Small bunch chives
- Sea salt / pepper
- Cook the potatoes and allow to cool.
- Neatly cut the cooked potatoes into 1cm dice and place in a clean bowl.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and mix with the potatoes.
- Chop the chives into 1cm lengths and add to the potatoes and onion. Gently mix together.
- Season the potato salad to taste and add in the mayonnaise. Mix together well.
Try adding chopped cold ham to the potato salad. Or, for a change, perhaps some finely diced red or green pepper.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.