This salad recipe is for a Waldorf salad. This Waldorf salad is a famous salad and uses apples, celery, walnut, celeriac, mayonnaise, double cream and lemon juice.
Ingredients – 4 portions
- 2 apples (eating)
- 100g celery
- 100g walnut (halves)
- 100g celeriac
- 4 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs double cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Cos lettuce leaves to garnish
- Sea salt / pepper to taste
Getting everything ready
- Blanch the walnut halves in boiling water for about 10 seconds. Refresh and dry. Using a small knife, scrape away any loose brown skin. Cut each half into four.
- Wash and dry the celery. Peel off any stringy bits and cut the celery into 0.5cm dice.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves.
- Chop the parsley.
- Pour the cream into a clean bowl and add the lemon juice (this will slightly sour the cream).
- Peel and core the apples and cut into 0.5cm dice.
- Wash and peel celeriac and grate coarsely.
- In a large clean bowl, mix the walnuts, apple, celery and celeriac. Add the mayonnaise and soured cream. Season to taste and mix well.
- Divide the lettuce leaves between the plates.
- Neatly add the Waldorf salad to each plate.
- Garnish the Waldorf salad with a little chopped parsley.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
Watch how to make a Waldorf salad
Other salad recipes
This sweetcorn salad, often referred to as sweet corn salad, uses red and green peppers, spring onion and mayonnaise. This sweetcorn salad recipe is quick to make and is very refreshing.
Blue cheese salad
This salad recipe is for a blue cheese salad. If looking for salads with blue cheese, this recipe includes pear to also give a great pear salad.
This salad recipe is for a cucumber salad and uses natural yoghurt. This recipe for cucumber salad is quick and easy to make.
This salad recipe is for beetroot salad. If looking for recipes for beetroot, this beetroot salad will be ideal.
Goat cheese salad
This goat cheese salad recipe includes walnuts and olives. If looking for recipes for goat cheese, this salad recipe will fit the bill.
Celery and walnut salad
This salad recipe is for a celery and walnut salad. This walnut salad recipe is served with chopped parsley and is quick and easy to make.
This salad recipe is for salad nicoise. This tuna salad recipe uses egg, black olives, tomatoes, onions and French beans to make a famous salad dish.
This salad recipe is for a pasta salad and uses fried pancetta and pine nuts. This pasta salad recipe is quick to make and tastes great.