This broccoli and Stilton soup recipe is a great soup recipe to try. Add some Stilton cheese to make a great broccoli and cheese soup. If you are looking for a recipe for broccoli, this is well worth a try.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 400g broccoli florets
- 200g potatoes
- 50g onions
- 100g apples
- 50g celery
- 200g Stilton cheese
- 200g double cream
- Approx. 1½l vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt / pepper
Getting everything ready
- Make the vegetable stock.
- Chop the broccoli into smaller pieces and wash well under cold running water.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and chop into ½” dice.
- Wash and chop the celery into ½” dice.
- Peel, core and chop the apple into ½” dice.
- Chop the onion into ½” dice.
- With your fingers, gently break up the Stilton. Put a little aside for garnish.
- Put the broccoli, onions, potatoes, celery and apple into a large saucepan. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes, skimming if necessary. Season to taste.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, and carefully pour into a blender and blend the soup to a smooth liquid. Return to the saucepan.
- Return to a gentle heat, add the Stilton (saving some for garnish) and stir gently until the Stilton has melted. Correct the seasoning and consistency.
- Add the cream (leave some for garnish) and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Ladle the broccoli and Stilton soup into warm soup bowls and garnish with a few small pieces of Stilton. Serve this broccoli soup with chunks of warm French bread.
Watch this broccoli and Stilton soup being made
Other delicious soup recipes
Red lentils soup
This red lentils soup recipe is a great tasting lentils soup and is served with smoked pancetta. This red lentil soup could be served with smoked streaky bacon and croutons.
Vegetable broth soup
This soup recipe is for a vegetable soup, often called a vegetable broth. If looking for vegetable recipes, this veggie soup recipe will be ideal.
Swede and potato soup
This potato soup recipe is for swede and potato soup. If looking for a simple soup recipe, this swede and potato soup will be ideal.
Tomato and Port soup
This tomato soup recipe includes port to make a great tasting tomato and port soup. When looking at recipes for soup, this homemade tomato soup tastes fantastic.
This soup recipe is for cauliflower soup with horseradish cream. This will be ideal if you are looking for cauliflower recipes and enjoy making your own soup recipes.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup
This chicken soup recipe is a popular soup recipe for many. This recipe for chicken soup includes sweetcorn and makes a great tasting homemake chicken soup recipe.
Parsnip soup – with added hint of korma
This parsnip soup recipe has a mild korma taste and makes a great tasting recipe for parsnip soup. This parsnips soup can be served hotter and more spicy with madras instead of korma paste.
French onion soup
This french onion soup recipe is a great tasting soup recipe to make at home. This onion soup recipe can be served with toasted bread flutes covered in melted cheese.
This soup recipe is a halloween favourite – pumpkin and sweet potato. This pumpkin soup is great with sweet potato.