This soup recipe is for cauliflower soup with horseradish cream. This will be ideal if you are looking for cauliflower recipes and enjoy making your own soup recipes.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- Approx 400g cauliflower florets
- 1½ litres vegetable stock
- 100g horseradish cream
- 80g butter or margarine
- 80g plain flour
- 100g white of leek
- 200g double cream
- Salt and milled black pepper to taste
- A few leaves for coriander (for garnish)
Getting everything ready
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Make the large croutons.
- Make the vegetable stock.
- Wash and finely chop the white of the leek.
- Wash a few coriander leaves then put aside for the garnish.
- Put the cauliflower into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and add some salt. Then, turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is well cooked. Drain into a colander, allow to cool slightly and place the cauliflower into a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Scrape into a clean bowl and save until required.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a clean saucepan, then bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Then, add the leek and sweat for 3 minutes without colour.
- Add the flour to make a roux and gently cook for a further 2 minutes. Slowly add the stock, stirring constantly, until it has all been absorbed.
- Add the blended cauliflower paste and horseradish cream and simmer for about 12-15 minutes on a gentle heat. Stir in the cream.
- Ladle the cauliflower and horseradish soup into warmed soup bowls and garnish with a few coriander leaves and sunflower seeds.
- Serve this cauliflower soup with large warm croutons.
Watch this cauliflower soup being made
Other delicious soup recipes
Parsnip soup – with added hint of korma
This parsnip soup recipe has a mild korma taste and makes a great tasting recipe for parsnip soup. This parsnips soup can be served hotter and more spicy with madras instead of korma paste.
Swede and potato soup
This potato soup recipe is for swede and potato soup. If looking for a simple soup recipe, this swede and potato soup will be ideal.
Broccoli and Stilton soup
This broccoli soup recipe is a great soup recipe to try. Add some Stilton cheese to make a great broccoli and cheese soup. If you are looking for a recipe for broccoli, this is well worth a try.
French onion soup
This french onion soup recipe is a great tasting soup recipe to make at home. This onion soup recipe can be served with toasted bread flutes covered in melted cheese.
Tomato and Port soup
This tomato soup recipe includes port to make a great tasting tomato and port soup. When looking at recipes for soup, this homemade tomato soup tastes fantastic.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup
This chicken soup recipe is a popular soup recipe for many. This recipe for chicken soup includes sweetcorn and makes a great tasting homemake chicken soup recipe.
Red lentils soup
This red lentils soup recipe is a great tasting lentils soup and is served with smoked pancetta. This red lentil soup could be served with smoked streaky bacon and croutons.
Vegetable broth soup
This soup recipe is for a vegetable soup, often called a vegetable broth. If looking for vegetable recipes, this veggie soup recipe will be ideal.
This soup recipe is a halloween favourite – pumpkin and sweet potato. This pumpkin soup is great with sweet potato.