This pumpkin soup recipe is for pumpkin and sweet potato soup. This soup recipe is a halloween favourite – pumpkin and sweet potato.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 200g pumpkin flesh
- 400g sweet potatoes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream, plus extra for garnish
- A touch of cracked black pepper, for garnish
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ star anise
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 6 parsley stalks
Getting everything ready
- Make the vegetable stock.
- Wash, peel and rewash the sweet potatoes and cut into medium dice.
- Cut the pumpkin flesh into the same size pieces.
- Make the bouquet garni.
- Crack the black pepper.
- Place the pumpkin flesh and sweet potatoes into a medium-size saucepan. Pour over the stock, season slightly and add the bouquet garni.
- Place the saucepan on the hob over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer, put on a lid and allow to cook until both the pumpkin and the potatoes are well cooked (about 20–25 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces).
- When well cooked, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Remove the bouquet garni.
- Carefully pour into a blender and blend to a smooth liquid. Pass the liquid through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan. Check the seasoning but don’t add any more pepper, as we are going to garnish the soup with pepper.
- Take the little extra cream and whip it until it becomes thick enough to pipe through a small plain piping tube.
- Return the soup to a medium heat until it just comes to the boil. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
- Ladle the pumpkin soup into warmed soup bowls.
- Spoon the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a small plain tube and quickly try to pipe a cobweb on each bowl of soup. Sprinkle over with a little cracked black pepper and serve with hunks of warm crispy bread
Watch this pumpkin soup being made
Other delicious soup recipes
Broccoli and Stilton soup
This broccoli soup recipe is a great soup recipe to try. Add some Stilton cheese to make a great broccoli and cheese soup. If you are looking for a recipe for broccoli, this is well worth a try.
Swede and potato soup
This potato soup recipe is for swede and potato soup. If looking for a simple soup recipe, this swede and potato soup will be ideal.
Red lentils soup
This red lentils soup recipe is a great tasting lentils soup and is served with smoked pancetta. This red lentil soup could be served with smoked streaky bacon and croutons.
Parsnip soup – with added hint of korma
This parsnip soup recipe has a mild korma taste and makes a great tasting recipe for parsnip soup. This parsnips soup can be served hotter and more spicy with madras instead of korma paste.
Vegetable broth soup
This soup recipe is for a vegetable soup, often called a vegetable broth. If looking for vegetable recipes, this veggie soup recipe will be ideal.
Tomato and Port soup
This tomato soup recipe includes port to make a great tasting tomato and port soup. When looking at recipes for soup, this homemade tomato soup tastes fantastic.
This soup recipe is for cauliflower soup with horseradish cream. This will be ideal if you are looking for cauliflower recipes and enjoy making your own soup recipes.
French onion soup
This french onion soup recipe is a great tasting soup recipe to make at home. This onion soup recipe can be served with toasted bread flutes covered in melted cheese.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup
This chicken soup recipe is a popular soup recipe for many. This recipe for chicken soup includes sweetcorn and makes a great tasting homemake chicken soup recipe.