This potato soup recipe is for swede and potato soup. If looking for a simple soup recipe, this swede and potato soup will be ideal.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 800g potatoes (maris piper)
- 400g swede
- 1.4 lt chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
Getting everything ready
- Make the chicken stock.
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes and swede. Cut 50g of the swede into a fine julienne, blanch in boiling salted water and refresh to use as garnish. Chop the remaining swede into a large dice. Chop the potatoes into large dice.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- Place the diced swede and potato into a large saucepan, cover with about 1 litre of the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes; the potatoes should be over cooked and mushy.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool a little and carefully pour into a liquidiser and blend into a smooth, creamy liquid.
- Return the potato soup to the saucepan onto a medium heat, add the remaining stock to obtain the consistency of double cream.
- Season to taste and ladle the potato soup into warmed soup bowls. Garnish with the julienne of swede, a little milled black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Serve the swede and potato soup with large pieces of warmed bread
Watch swede and potato soup being made
Other soup recipes
Parsnip soup – with added hint of korma
This parsnip soup recipe has a mild korma taste and makes a great tasting recipe for parsnip soup. This parsnips soup can be served hotter and more spicy with madras instead of korma paste.
Broccoli and Stilton soup
This broccoli soup recipe is a great soup recipe to try. Add some Stilton cheese to make a great broccoli and cheese soup. If you are looking for a recipe for broccoli, this is well worth a try.
Tomato and Port soup
This tomato soup recipe includes port to make a great tasting tomato and port soup. When looking at recipes for soup, this homemade tomato soup tastes fantastic.
This soup recipe is for cauliflower soup with horseradish cream. This will be ideal if you are looking for cauliflower recipes and enjoy making your own soup recipes.
This soup recipe is a halloween favourite – pumpkin and sweet potato. This pumpkin soup is great with sweet potato.
Red lentils soup
This red lentils soup recipe is a great tasting lentils soup and is served with smoked pancetta. This red lentil soup could be served with smoked streaky bacon and croutons.
Vegetable broth soup
This soup recipe is for a vegetable soup, often called a vegetable broth. If looking for vegetable recipes, this veggie soup recipe will be ideal.
French onion soup
This french onion soup recipe is a great tasting soup recipe to make at home. This onion soup recipe can be served with toasted bread flutes covered in melted cheese.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup
This chicken soup recipe is a popular soup recipe for many. This recipe for chicken soup includes sweetcorn and makes a great tasting homemake chicken soup recipe.