This potato soup recipe is for swede and potato soup. If looking for a simple soup recipe, this swede and potato soup will be ideal.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 800g potatoes (maris piper)
- 400g swede
- 1.4 lt chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
Getting everything ready
- Make the chicken stock.
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes and swede. Cut 50g of the swede into a fine julienne, blanch in boiling salted water and refresh to use as garnish. Chop the remaining swede into a large dice. Chop the potatoes into large dice.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- Place the diced swede and potato into a large saucepan, cover with about 1 litre of the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes; the potatoes should be over cooked and mushy.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool a little and carefully pour into a liquidiser and blend into a smooth, creamy liquid.
- Return the potato soup to the saucepan onto a medium heat, add the remaining stock to obtain the consistency of double cream.
- Season to taste and ladle the potato soup into warmed soup bowls. Garnish with the julienne of swede, a little milled black pepper and chopped parsley.
- Serve the swede and potato soup with large pieces of warmed bread