This potato recipe is for potato wedges. This baked potato recipe is served with a mango salsa and makes a great snack at any time.
Ingredients – 6 portions
- 3 potatoes (medium size)
- 3tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2tsp paprika
- Chilli powder / cayenne pepper (pinch)
- Sea salt to taste
- Mango salsa
- 1 little gem lettuce
Getting everything ready
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
- Make the mango salsa, cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Scrub the potatoes well and prick each one with a fork, then place them on a baking tray and put them into the oven. Bake for around 1 hour or until the potatoes are cooked (the potatoes will give a little when pressed with your finger). Take care when checking whether the potatoes are cooked, as I have known potatoes to explode. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wash, dry and finely shred the lettuce.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato into quarters or 6ths lengthways (depending on the size of the potatoes) and lay them on a baking tray.
- Mix the olive oil with the paprika, chilli powder/cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Turn up the oven to around 220°C (Gas Mark 7).
- Using a brush, brush the oil mixture over the potato wedges and place them back in the hot oven for about 10-15 minutes, turning them over once and brushing more oil over them.
- Neatly pile the lettuce onto a plate.
- Remove the potato wedges from the oven and divide them between the plates. Serve the potato wedges hot with the mango salsa.
If you have enjoyed this recipe for potato wedges, why not try some of the other great tasting potato recipes on cookeryskills.com?
Watch these potato wedges being made
Delicious potato recipes
This potato recipe is for fondant potatoes. Each fondant potato looks great on the plate and is an eye catching way of presenting potatoes.
Bubble and squeak
This potato recipe is for bubble and squeak. Bubble & squeak is a classic dish and is great for using leftover potato and cabbage.
Minted new potatoes
This potatoes recipe is for minted potatoes. If looking for recipes for new potatoes, this minted potatoes recipe is quick and easy to make.
This potato recipe is for champ potatoes. This champ potato recipe makes a great change from simple mashed potatoes.
This potato recipe is for lyonnaise potatoes. This recipe for lyonnaise potatoes uses onions and parsley to make a great tasting potato dish.
This potato recipe is for potato chips. You can make potato chips of different sizes and if looking for potato chip recipes, look no further.
Peel and dice potatoes
There are many great tasting potato recipes to cook. This shows how to wash and peel a potato.
This potato recipe is for farmhouse potatoes. This farmhouse potatoes recipe uses bacon and onion to make a great potato dish.
This potatoes recipe is for boulangere potatoes. This oven potatoes recipe uses onions and stock to make a delicious potato dish.
This potato recipe is for mashed potatoes. Sometimes called smashed potatoes, mashed potatoes can be served with other ingredients such as mustard, garlic and nutmeg.