This recipe for cauliflower is for a cauliflower mornay. If looking for recipes for cauliflower, this cauliflower mornay is ideal.
Getting everything ready
- Make the mornay (cheese) sauce and keep it warm in a bain marie.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets about 3cm in size.
- Wash well under cold running water.
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6) or heat the grill to hot.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan half full with water to the boil and add the salt.
- Carefully add the cauliflower florets and boil gently until only just cooked. We need the florets to still be slightly firm. Remove from the heat and drain into a colander.
- Place the cauliflower florets into an ovenproof dish.
- Coat the cauliflower florets with the mornay sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Place the cauliflower mornay into a very hot oven or under a hot grill to melt the cheese and given the top a light brown colour.
- Serve the cauliflower mornay in the dish or spoon onto warmed plates.
You could, of course, not use the mornay sauce and serve the cauliflower naturally.