This vegetable recipe shows how to make a pea puree. This pea puree recipe is a great accompaniment with fish and chips.
Getting everything ready
- Make the vegetable stock.
- Peel and finely dice the shallots.
- If you can’t find frozen minted peas, just add 3–4 fresh mint leaves to your saucepan. Remember to remove the leaves before mashing.
- Place the butter into a medium-sized saucepan and place onto the hob over a medium heat. When melted, add the shallots and allow to cook for a few moments until the shallots are soft but not coloured.
- Add the peas and vegetable stock. Season to taste. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 12–15 minutes.
- Remove from the hob and, using a potato masher, mash the peas unto a smoothish paste. Correct the seasoning if necessary and serve your pea puree.
Pea puree – hints and tips
If you wish to make your pea pureé a little smoother, pour the peas into a blender and blend for a few minutes.
This is a great vegetable accompaniment with fish and chips.
Peas are one of the few vegetables that are as good frozen as when they are fresh.