This tomato recipe is for roasted vine tomatoes. This recipe for vine tomatoes is served with balsamic vinegar and garlic.
Getting everything ready
- Cut the tomato vine into a length holding about 4 tomatoes. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for about 10 seconds and plunge into ice cold water. Remove the tomato skins and dry well on kitchen paper or a clean cloth.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves and place into a small, clean bowl. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sugar and mix well together
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Pour the oil and vinegar mixture into an ovenproof dish. Place into the pre-heated oven.
- When hot, remove the dish from the oven and carefully add the vine tomatoes. Season to taste and baste the vine tomatoes with the hot oil mixture.
- Return to the oven to roast, basting occasionally.
- When just cooked, remove the vine tomatoes from the oven and carefully place the roasted vine tomatoes onto warmed plates.
- Knap the hot juices from the roasting dish over the roasted vine tomatoes. Serve immediately.